Coconut grows abundantly in tropical country like the Philippines. Its oil is edible and used by a lot of people in cooking for thousands years.
A lot of publicity lately pointing out that coconut is not good to our health because it linked to heart diseases, cancer and high cholesterol since it is saturated fats. But look at the people who live in tropical climates which used mainly coconut in cooking and diet, they are healthier and no colon cancer or diseases. There might be something in coconut oil which is very beneficial to our body that is not available in other oil sources vegetables. Some scientists recommend extra virgin olive oil and raw butter after coconut oil. Coconut oil will not change or rancid even if you stock it in room temperature in one year than other oil which will become rancid in just an hour.
Here are some health benefits of coconut oil:
1. Coconut oil will not rancid and believe to have antioxidant that is why it stays fresh for a long period of time. Though it has 9% omega-6 fatty acid. The good thing is, coconut oil reduces our need of vitamin E. In general, coconut oil stimulates thyroid function and has wonderful antiseptic properties.
2. It has thyroid stimulating effect that trigger anti-aging effect. According to researcher, a group of islanders migrated to New Zealand and stop using coconut oil in their main diet has acquired obesity and degenerative diseases and other diseases associated with aging.
3. It has weight loss stimulating properties. I observed this in our pigs while we were not selling our coconut meats because they were very cheap I found out that our domestic pigs are very active and lean.
4. It has anti-cancer effect. I observed that in our place, people are not familiar with the word cancer while in big urbanize city a lot of case were discovered. Same thing has happened to Albert Schweitzer operated his clinic in tropical Africa; it took him many years to discover a single case of cancer patient. He believes that the introduction of European diet to Africa has brought the malignant disease.
5. Antimicrobial and antiseptic effects were found in Coconut Oil. Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids such as lauric (C-12), caprylic (C-10) and myristic (C-14) acids. Of these three, coconut oil contains 40% lauric acid, which has the greater anti-viral activity of these three fatty acids. Lauric acid is so disease fighting that it is present in breast milk. The body converts lauric acid to a fatty acid derivative (monolaurin), which is the substance that protects infants from viral, bacterial or protozoal infections.
Looking For Something?
- French Union: Pay Us, Or We'll Blow Up the Plant
- A High School Senior Sells Into Wal-Mart
- Miracle Chocolate from Swiss Maker?
- What Should You Spend on Advertising?
- McDonald's to Install Electric Car Chargers
- Bankruptcies: What Happens When Your Loan Gets Sol...
- An Online Work At Home Business Is A Real Business...
- A Miracle At Bank Of America (BAC)
- 5 Ways to Lower Your Tax Bill
- Bank Profits, Banker Pay and Other Banker Tricks
- An Economic Slowdown: An opportunity
- Green Thinking Can Jumpstart Your Small Business R...
- Benefits Of Coconut Oil
- Wal-Mart Goes Greener With Eco-Labels
- Creating a Market with a Cup of Coffee
- What should we call AIG?
- Old Age Is No Reason To Be Afraid Of Starting A Bu...
- Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Diamonds
- Tax Day Tea Parties = Branded Populist Anger
- There are 2.6 million jobs unfilled in the U.S. wh...
- Some funny business cartoons
- Small idea turns into big business for Dallas girl...
- When ads don't lie
- Can Food Spending Stimulate the Economy?
- Bankers behaving badly
- How to overcome a setback in business
- Millionaire Occupations
- The top 25 business failures
- Some Things About Business
- ▼ July (38)