Want some watts with that cheeseburger? A North Carolina Mcdonalds location is giving new meaning to the fast-food drive-through. According to Raleigh, N.C.-based paper The News & Observer, the hamburger joint is launching its first electric car charging station at a location in Cary, a Raleigh suburb, on Tuesday, July 14. The location will feature two charging stations at the front or parking spaces that customers can use to charge their cars while they eat. There is no fee for the charge.It's a brilliant concept--that is, when and if electric cars become common enough to see widespread usage. Restaurants with valuable parking lot space and real estate have a great opportunity to rethink what other services they can offer their customers. But I'm surprised McDonald's is offering it free of charge. Seems like a great way to reap revenue from part of their real estate. If I had a car like this, I'd happily put a few coins in the meter to charge it while I'm eating. What do you think--should McDonald's ask customers to pay for the watts they consume with their food?
Looking For Something?
- French Union: Pay Us, Or We'll Blow Up the Plant
- A High School Senior Sells Into Wal-Mart
- Miracle Chocolate from Swiss Maker?
- What Should You Spend on Advertising?
- McDonald's to Install Electric Car Chargers
- Bankruptcies: What Happens When Your Loan Gets Sol...
- An Online Work At Home Business Is A Real Business...
- A Miracle At Bank Of America (BAC)
- 5 Ways to Lower Your Tax Bill
- Bank Profits, Banker Pay and Other Banker Tricks
- An Economic Slowdown: An opportunity
- Green Thinking Can Jumpstart Your Small Business R...
- Benefits Of Coconut Oil
- Wal-Mart Goes Greener With Eco-Labels
- Creating a Market with a Cup of Coffee
- What should we call AIG?
- Old Age Is No Reason To Be Afraid Of Starting A Bu...
- Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Diamonds
- Tax Day Tea Parties = Branded Populist Anger
- There are 2.6 million jobs unfilled in the U.S. wh...
- Some funny business cartoons
- Small idea turns into big business for Dallas girl...
- When ads don't lie
- Can Food Spending Stimulate the Economy?
- Bankers behaving badly
- How to overcome a setback in business
- Millionaire Occupations
- The top 25 business failures
- Some Things About Business
- ▼ July (38)